Advanced Placement Jeddah
AT AISJ, WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EACH HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLAR WITH PERSONALIZED LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES THAT WILL PREPARE THEM FOR THEIR FUTURE.
Pre-Advanced Placement (AP)
- Through Pre-AP, AISJ offers every scholar access to a high-quality education that prepares them for success in high school and beyond.
- The challenging coursework of Pre-AP emphasizes key literacy, quantitative, and analysis skills across all five disciplines (English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Arts) and reinforces these skills in classroom experiences. Scholars finish Pre-AP courses prepared for further study in AP courses and IB DP courses.
- All scholars are supported across varying levels of ability through the Pre-AP framework, resources, activities, and materials therein.
My favorite class was AP Economics, this opened the door for me to pursue a career in economics and finance. I currently work as a VP at a Private Equity firm. We conduct acquisitions of private companies across the world with a view to selling them later down the road for a profit.
Advanced Placement (AP)
- Through AP coursework, AISJ scholars are prepared for post-secondary success by taking challenging college-level courses while still in high school.
- AP coursework is rigorous and highly regarded by universities globally.
- AP courses are offered in Grades 9-12.
- AP scholars have the opportunity to complete the full AP Capstone Diploma program, which includes AP Research, AP Seminar and 4 other APs, by successfully achieving a score of 3 or higher in each course. This demonstrates to universities a proven commitment to rigor and imminent success at the university level.
- Scholars can receive college credit for their AP coursework through completion of the course and successful exam performance. Universities often grant credit for scores of 3 and above on the exam (5 is the maximum score for each exam). Each university has unique requirements.
- Scholars who engage in AP coursework have higher acceptance rates, higher college-level success, and higher university completion rates.
AP Capstone Diplomas Awarded
9th and 10th Grade Scholars take 4 or more Pre-AP courses
Scholars Who have Taken at least One AP
AP Exams Taken in 2021
AP Scholar awards from College Board in 2021
AP Program FAQs
American International School of Jeddah is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and offers a complete high school program to prepare scholars for college and university admission. Alongside the AISJ HS Curriculum, scholars may choose to pursue the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, the Advanced Placement (AP) Capstone Program, the Advanced Placement International Diploma (APID), or take a combination of both IB courses and AP courses.
Scholars who complete the requirements for graduation earn the AISJ High School Diploma, which is a recognized qualification for colleges and universities around the world.
Both IB and AP programs are highly regarded as ideal preparation for the university level.
The scholar’s decision mainly depends on the requirements for their undergraduate program after high school. Each university has unique requirements. Therefore, scholars must check the requirements of potential universities to know which program (IB or AP) might provide them with more undergraduate preparation and potential college credit. AISJ HS offers college and career guidance to support the scholar in choosing the right course pathway.
Both AP and IB programs have rigorous courses. If a scholar wants to know more about the differences between AP and IB, they should look at program descriptions online and speak to the teachers of those programs.
Yes. Scholars may submit applications for both the AP and IB programs; but if accepted, scholars must choose between the two programs.